Modi – Xi informal summit town Mamallapuram – Traded with China 2000 years ago
While the Pallavas sea port Mamallapuram is getting a historic fillip for India – China meet next week, archaeological evidences show that trade links between them existed since ancient times. The Land of Dragon (China) traded silk, pots with the ancient sea port Mamallapuram 2000 years ago.
- The Celadon ware (pottery) that were recovered from the eastern coast of Tamil Nadu belonged to first and second centuries. They give clues to Chinese maritime activities.
- Along with Mamallapuram, the Kancheepuram district in Tamil Nadu also had links with China. Chinese coins dating to the same period were found here
- The ancient poems “Pattinapalai” that was written in Sangam period (1st to 6th century BC) cites anchorage of Chinese ships in the east coast of Tamil Nadu.
- The Chinese text Han Annals written in the same period as that of Sangam period has reference with the Tamil country.
- Emperor Wei (185 – 149 BC) has sent gifts to the rulers of Tamil Nadu.
China population grew at 0.53%
The annual population of China has slowed during the decade. This has put the demographic dividend o...
Telecom Department permits 5G Technology and Spectrum Trials
The Department of Telecommunications recently allowed mobile operators to conduct 5G trials. The Chi...
US Leaders Summit: Xi Jing Ping to attend the Summit
The Chinese President Xi Jing Ping is to attend the US Leaders Summit that is to be held on World Ea...
People’s bank of china report on India’s demographic advantage
The Central Bank of China, that is, the People’s bank of China recently released a report on Demog...
China-US Climate Change Cooperation
The two biggest polluters of the world China and US have agreed to work together in tackling climate...
Category: International Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|