Ministry of Tourism organising conference on Buddhist Crcuit
The Ministry of Tourism is organising a “Buddhist Circuit Train FAM Tour and Conference from October 4 to October 8, 2021 in a bid to tap the potential of the Buddhist tourism.
About FAM Tour
- The FAM tour will comprise of the visit of prominent Buddhist sites as well as conferences at Bodh Gaya and Varanasi.
- This conference is likely to be attended by 125 delegates including tour operators, media, hoteliers, and officials of Ministry of Tourism & State Governments.
- Around 100 local tour operators and other stakeholders of tourism & hospitality sector will attend the event at Bodh Gaya and Varanasi for discussing the key issues with respect to the development and promotion of tourism in the circuit.
Buddhist Tourism in India
India is among world’s largest reservoirs of history, culture, heritage, philosophy, and religion. With these reservoirs, India is counted amongst the most desired destinations for tourists as well as pilgrims. India has a rich ancient Buddhist Heritage comprising of important sites associated with Lord Buddha. Indian Buddhist heritage is of great interest for the followers of Buddhism across the world. It has remained an inspiration & guide to traditions and customs of India.
Buddhist Conclave is organised by Ministry of Tourism every alternate year. It is organised with the objective of promoting India as a Buddhist Destination and major markets worldwide. In the year 2021, the International Buddhist Conclave is scheduled from November 17 to 21.
Other initiatives by Ministry of Tourism
- Ministry has showcased the Buddhist Sites on “Incredible India Website” and has developed a dedicated website “www.indiathelandofbuddha.in”. It aims to promote rich Buddhist Heritage across India.
- Ministry is also working on projects for capacity building including Linguistic Tourist Facilitator training in Japanese, Thai, Chinese and Vietnamese, languages.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|