Ministry of Textiles launches “Local4Diwali” campaign
The Union Ministry of Textiles has launched a campaign for Diwali- “Local4Diwali”. The campaign has been launched to promote the Indian handicraft which is the cultural heritage of the country and also a source of livelihood for many. As per the available data, the handicrafts sector is a major sector of women empowerment as almost 55% of the workers and artisans are women.
Aim of the Local4Diwali Campaign
- The main aim of the #Local4Diwali campaign is to urge people to buy and gift Indian handicraft products on this Diwali.
- The basic aim of the campaign is to give a boost to Indian handicrafts and artisans.
Appeal by Ministry of Textiles
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has urged the people to use Indian handicrafts and also promote it.
- The Textiles Ministry has asked the people to come together and show support for local textile and handicraft business.
- Gift Diyas, home décor or furnishings like curtains, bed sheets or other handcrafted goods to your dear ones on this Diwali. Every purchase counts!
- To encourage the sale of local handicrafts, share posts on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. with hashtag #Local4Diwali.
- Take a picture of your favorite handicraft product and post the picture tagging others.
This campaign will help the handicraft artisans and workers in increasing their sales and promoting their business. After the promotion of idea of “Vocal for Local” by PM Modi, every sector is working towards promoting local businesses and strengthening Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|