Ministry of Home Affairs releases Data on Police Organizations
The Ministry of home Affairs on October 24, 2019, released the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D). The data are being updated to date 01.01.2018.
The report is important for various police analyses and resource allocation in Ministry of Home Affairs as well as at the state level.
Highlights of the report
- Since 2017, there has been increase in Police personnel. Their numbers have increased by 19,686. Also, the strength of CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces) has increased by 16,051.
- The women police strength has increased by 20.95%. Today there are 1,69,550 women police personnel working in different ranks.
- The expenditure spent on training the police personnel has increased by 20.41%
- The Police Population Ratio (PPR) stood at 192.95 policemen per lakh population.
- Around 20,149 family quarters have been constructed for the police personnel
- The Police stations have increased from 15579 to 16422.
- The Cyber Police stations have increased from 84 to 120
- Around 2,10,278 new CCTV cameras have been installed for surveillance
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|