Ministry of civil aviation notified Liberalized Drone Rules 2021
Union ministry of civil aviation (MoCA) notified the liberalized Drone Rules, 2021, on August 26, 2021.
About Liberalized Drone Rules, 2021
- These liberalized rules will replace the unmanned aircraft system (UAS) Rules 2021, which was released on March 12, 2021.
- As per the rules, following approvals have been abolished:
- Approval for unique authorization number,
- Approval for unique prototype identification number,
- Approval for certificate of manufacturing and airworthiness,
- Approval for certificate of conformance, certificate of maintenance as well as import clearance,
- Approval for acceptance of existing drones, operator permit, and authorization of R&D organization
- Approval for student remote pilot licence and remote pilot instructor authorization
- Approval for drone port authorization, etc.
- New rules also reduced the number of forms, from 25 to 5 and types of fees also reduced from 72 to 4. Fee for a remote pilot licence has been reduced from rupees 3,000 to ₹100 for all categories of drones. It will e valid for 10 years.
- It also comprises of safety features like real-time tracking beacon, and geo-fencing.
- A Digital sky platform will be developed as a user-friendly single-window system. There will be minimal interference by human, because most permissions will be self-generated.
Digital sky platform
It is an initiative by MoCA, that seeks to provide a secure and a scalable platform in order to support the drone technology frameworks like ‘No permission, no take-off’. It has been designed to enable flight permission digitally and manage unmanned aircraft operations & traffic in an efficient manner.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|