“Maulana Azad Sehat Scheme and Nalanda Project” launched by Union Ministry of Minority Affairs
The Union Ministry of Minority Affairs launched two new initiatives for the welfare of Minorities. These are Maulana Azad Sehat Scheme and Nalanda Project, a Faculty Development Program for Minorities’ Higher Educational Institutions.
Maulana Azad Sehat scheme
- “Sehat Card” would be issued to every student of the Institution financially aided by MAEF.
- Preventive Health Check-up Camps would be organized by the Institute twice in a year, through Government/Private Hospitals/Nursing Homes.
- All findings of the Preventive Health Checkups will be entered in the Sehat Card of the student by the Doctors.
- In exceptional and deserving cases for serious ailments, the poor students belonging to notified minorities would be provided financial assistance for treatment in Government/Recognized Hospitals.
- Serious ailments viz. Kidney, Heart, Liver, Cancer, Brain, Knee surgery and Spinal surgery or any other life threatening diseases would be covered.
- Dispensary/Health Care Centre is to be set up in the educational institutions (School) to provide daily medical facilities to the students studying in the educational institutions funded/aided by MAEF.
About Nalanda Project- a Faculty Development Program for Minorities’ Higher Educational Institutions.
- Objective: To help faculty learn new ways to achieve excellence and to grow as faculty members.
- Supported by Aligarh Muslim University, a premier Minority University of world fame.
- Faculty development includes education, collaboration, resources and support.
- Faculty development is an essential element of institutional effectiveness in higher education. It has become a priority at many academic institutions as a way to improve the quality of academic programs and to respond to emerging faculty, student, program and industry needs.
- Faculty who engage in professional development experiences benefit also in terms of increased vitality, informed pedagogy, teaching innovations and scholarly teaching.
- Benefit: Through educational programs and workshops, faculty can learn the skills necessary to reach excellence in a changing academic environment.