List of 2014 Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar Award Winners
The winners of the 2014 edition of the annual Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar Award were announced by CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research) at its 72nd Foundation Day celebrations on 26 September 2014. The 10 awardees have been chosen from various prestigious research institutions in India. The list of awardees of this year’s prize are as follows:-
- Roop Mallik Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Mumbai
- Kavirayani Ramakrishna Prasad Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru.
- Souvik Maiti Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) New Delhi.
Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Sachchida Nand Tripathi Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
- S Venkata Mohan Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (CSIR-IICT) Hyderabad.
- Soumen Chakrabarti Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai.
- Kaushal Kumar Verma Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru.
- Anurag Agrawal Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) New Delhi.
- Pratap Raychaudhuri Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Mumbai.
- Sadiqali Abbas Rangwala Raman Research Institute Bengaluru.
This award is given in the memory of Sir Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar, who was Founder -Director of CSIR and first Chairman of the University Grants Commission (UGC). He is known as Father of Indian Research Laboratories, remembered for having established various chemical labs in the country. The award is conferred on individuals for their pathbreaking contributions to the world of science and technology. The award consists of a cash prize of Rs. 5 lakh, a citation and a plaque. Read more about him here.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News