Lewis Hamilton wins Formula One British Grand Prix
On 18th July, 2021, Lewis Hamilton of United Kingdom has won the Formula One British Grand Prix at Silverstone for a record eighth time. This was the 99th win of Hamilton’s career who has also won the world championship seven times.
Result of the race
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
- On the opening lap of the British Grand Prix held on Sunday Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen, were involved in a high speed collision as Hamilton tried to overtake the Verstappen. Hamilton’s front-left wheel touched Verstappen’s back-right tire. Due to this Verstappen spun off the track and crashed into the barriers. Later, Verstappen was seen walking away from his crashed car.
- Due to the collision, Hamilton was given a time penalty but in a dramatic conclusion to the race he overtook Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc to secure his eighth British GP victory.
About British Grand Prix
The British Grand Prix is a motor race which is organised in the United Kingdom. This race is organised by the Royal Automobile Club. It was first held in the year 1926; since the year 1948 the British Grand Prix has been held annually and every year since 1950 it has been a round of the FIA Formula One World Championship.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|