Kanya Sumangala Yojana
The Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath launched flagship scheme “Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana”. It was launched in Lucknow for the state of Uttar Pradesh. Smriti Irani, the Union Minister was present in the occasion.
Key Features of the scheme
- The scheme will provide Rs 15,000 to every family where a girl child is born. It will be released in a phased manner.
- The design of the scheme is in such a way that the parents will have to take care of the girl child with proper care with respect to her health and education in order to get the benefit
- The funds will be released when the girl child completes various milestones like vaccination, admission to class 1, 5, 9 and graduation.
- The Kanya Sumangala web portal was also launched along with the scheme.
- The launch of the scheme was conferred with symbolic cheques and certificated to some of the beneficiaries.
- Around 1.25 lakh registrations had already been initiated under the scheme. The girl child born after April 1, 2019 are eligible for the fund.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs