Justice (Retd) Permod Kohli sworn in as Chairman of CAT
Retired Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court Justice Permod Kohli was sworn in as the Chairman of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT).
He succeeded Justice Syed Rafat Alam and will have tenure of 5 years with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post or till attaining the age of 68 years, whichever is earlier.
About Justice (retd) Permod Kohli
- Born in 1951 in Rajouri, Jammu and Kasmir. He had joined Bar at Jammu in 1972.
- In 1990, he was appointed as Advocate General of Jammu & Kashmir. He is an expert in Civil, Constitutional and Taxation cases.
- He had served as Judge in the High Courts of Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand and Punjab & Haryana. He was elevated as the Chief Justice of the Sikkim High Court in 2011.
- He also had served as the Legal Advisor to Sri Mata Vaishno Devi University and Sri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board.
About Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT)
- CAT was established under Article 323A of the Constitution (inserted by the 42nd Constitutional Amendment, 1976).
- It is a multi-member body consisting of Chairman and members. It was established in 1985 under Section 29 of the Administrative Tribunals Act, 1985.
- It exercises original jurisdiction in relation to recruitment and all services matters of public servants covered by it.
- Its jurisdiction extends to the all-India services, Central civil services, civil posts under the Centre and civilian employee of defence services.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|