Justice Department launches “Enforcing Contracts Portal”
Department of Justice has launched an “Enforcing Contracts Portal” on June 29, 2021.
Enforcing Contracts Portal
- Justice department launched this portal with the aim of promoting ease of doing business and improving ‘Contract Enforcement Regime’ across India.
- Portal will also provide easy access to latest information regarding the commercial cases in Dedicated Commercial Courts of Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
- Dedicated Commercial Courts have been set up for speedy resolution of commercial disputes and boast of dedicated infrastructure & exclusive judicial human power.
- It will also provide access the repository of commercial laws.
- Portal was launched to act as a comprehensive source of information pertaining to legislative and policy reforms that are being undertaken on Enforcing Contracts parameters.
- legislative and policy reforms undertaken to strengthen Enforcing Contracts regime for Ease of Doing Business is being monitored by Department of Justice under Ministry of Law & Justice.
- Information on commercial court and related services can be easily assessed by portal using several features like-
- Details or links of Dedicated Commercial Courts in Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Bengaluru
- Instructive videos related to e-filing
- Advocate registration
- Manuals on using Electronic Case Management Tools (ECMTs) like “JustIS app for judicial officers”
- e-Courts services app for use by lawyers
- repository of all related commercial laws for ready reference.
- It also hosts online reporting by all High Courts on Mediation and Arbitration centres annexed to Commercial Courts so as to monitor and promote institutional mediation & arbitration through Pre-institution Mediation and Settlement (PIMS) of commercial cases.
These contracts are an essential area of measuring time and cost in order to resolve a standardized commercial dispute and a series of good practices in the judiciary.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: Legal & Constitution Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|