J&K announces New Universal Health Insurance Scheme
Recently, the Jammu & Kashmir government has announced a Universal health Insurance scheme on the lines of the Centre’s Ayushman Bharat. The scheme will cover the entire population of the Union territory (UT). The annual expenditure of the scheme is Rs 123 crore.
Highlights of the scheme
- The scheme was announced by Lt Governor Manoj Sinha
- It will cover all the residents of the Union Territory.
- The scheme will provide universal health insurance coverage to all the residents of the UT.
- There are around 218 public and private hospitals empanelled in J&K where citizens can avail the benefit.
- The scheme will cover all-important life-consuming diseases including cancer and kidney failure.
- COVID-19 has also been covered in the scheme.
- It will also cover Cardiology and Nephrology.
- The scheme will cover high-end hospitalization expenses.
- Three days of pre-hospitalization, hospitalization, 15 days of post-hospitalization costs would also be paid by government.
- The scheme would also cover the diagnostic care and expenditure on medicine
Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY)
This flagship scheme was Launched in September 2018 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The scheme is an attempt to provide free access to healthcare to the citizens. The scheme has been launched to alleviate the condition of 50 crores poor.
The scheme provides five lakh per family per year to the beneficiary for a medical treatment. The benefits can be availed in any empanelled public or private hospitals be it public. The scheme bars no restrictions on family size, age or gender. It covers the pre-hospitalization as well as post-hospitalization expenses.
Pakistan’s stand on Trade with India
Pakistan had stopped all the trade with India after Abrogation of Article 370 by the Indian Governme...
Indian Railways completes the arch bottom of Chenab bridge
The World’s highest Bridge called the “Chenab Bridge” has completed a major milestone after th...
J & K approves Rs. 2 lakh interest-free loan under PMAY-U
The Jammu & Kashmir Administrative Council has given approval for the proposal of the Housing an...
Union Cabinet approves Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi
The Union Cabinet has approved the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi (PMSSN) on March 10, 2021 ...
J&K-UK Space Agency- joined hands for Flood Forecasting
The Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir and a United Kingdom based space agency have joined hands...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|