"Janani Suraksha Yojna (JSY)" – Government to Provide Pre-natal Health Care Facilities to Pregnant Women
Under the Janani Suraksha Yojna (JSY) scheme, the government would provide free pre-natal health care and ambulance facilities to pregnant women across the country.
Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)
- A safe motherhood intervention under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
- Objective: Decrease the neo-natal and maternal deaths happening in the country by promoting institutional delivery of babies.
- 100% centrally sponsored scheme
- Integrates cash assistance with delivery and post-delivery care.
Key Points under the scheme:
- The Pregnant women will be given free medical and ambulance facilities from conception to delivery and post natal care.
- Free treatment and transport facility would be provided during the entire pregnancy period. And the baby born would be given free treatment for 1 year.
- The women will also be able to avail free consultation from doctors at government hospitals for 45 days from delivery and infants will be given free treatment at the hospitals for one year.
- The adolescent children will be provided weekly supplements of Iron and Folic Acid to prevent anaemic diseases in the children.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2013