ISRO to assist Development Projects in Northeast
According to Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will assist development projects in Northeast through Space Technology.
- ISRO will offering optimum utilization of Satellite Imaging and other Space Technology applications.
- These applications will be used for better accomplishment of infrastructural projects across all eight states in North Eastern Region of India.
- Six out of eight states of Northeast have already sent their specific proposals to ISRO.
- Sikkim and Assam will send their proposals soon.
- ISRO’s involvement would be first of its kind project in India, where there is an institutionalised involvement of ISRO to map and share data for developmental projects.
ISRO’s ongoing projects
ISRO is monitoring and Geo-tagging 67 projects across 221 sites in eight north-eastern states. All the projects are funded by Ministry or North Eastern Council.
North Eastern Council (NEC)
NEC is a statutory advisory body constituted through North Eastern Council Act 1971. It came into existence on November 7, 1972 at Shillong. Eight north-eastern states namely, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland and Sikkim are members of council. Council is represented by Chief Ministers and Governors of all these states. Sikkim was added to NEC in 2002. NCE functions under Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DONER).
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|