International start-up hubs ranking 2021
International start-up hubs ranking 2021 was recently compiled and published by Start-up Genome for its annual Global Start-up Ecosystem Report 2021.
- As per the comprehensive ranking of international start-ups, London, Mumbai and Bangalore have been featured among the world’s top start-up hubs.
- London maintained the second-place ranking along with the New York for second consecutive year, despite Brexit and the coronavirus pandemic.
- Bangalore has also been ranked at 23rd position, maintaining the position among top 30 global tech hubs.
- Delhi was ranked at 36th
- Mumbai has been ranked at first position in the Emerging Ecosystems ranking, outperforming the fast-growing ecosystems in areas of performance, funding, talent and market research.
- Karnataka is also the 4th largest technology and innovation cluster in the world and is home to more than 400+ global R & D centres.
About the report
This report ranks the leading 140 start-up ecosystems on the basis of seven success factors like Talent, Performance and Connectedness.
Most attractive destination
As per the report, London is the most attractive destination to set up a tech start-up outside the Silicon Valley. Its overall ecosystem is valued at USD 142.7bn. London is also among one of the best cities for access to funding, quality and activity in the investment ecosystem, globally.
Where does Indian Start-ups stand?
According to the report, Indian start-ups have raised USD 12.1 billion in the first half of year 2021. It demonstrates the rapid growth of India as the global hub for tech & innovation. India has produced 24 unicorns in 2021, as of August 2021.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|