Indo-US Health Dialogue 2021- Highlights
4th session of the Indo-US Health Dialogue 2021 was inaugurated on September 27, 2021. This session is being hosted by India.
- During the session, Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Bharati Pravin Pawar, articulated mutual solidarity and relentless support between India and the United States (US) during Covid-19 pandemic.
- Indo-US Health dialogue is a two-day Dialogue platform that deliberate upon multiple ongoing collaborations between both the countries in the health sector.
- It will conclude on September 28.
Agenda of the session
For the 4th session, issues that have been planned for deliberations also encompass areas of concern related to
- Strengthening of epidemiological research and surveillance,
- Vaccine development,
- One Health,
- Zoonotic and vector-borne diseases,
- Health systems and health policies.
India-US Collaboration in Health
- In the session, union minister also commended the way in which India and the US have enhanced their collaboration in the fields of research & development, with respect to pharmaceuticals, therapeutics, and vaccine development.
- She recognised a MoU signed in 2020 on mental health and acknowledged the enhanced cooperation and bilateral ties in the health sector.
- According to her, there is a need to focus on these emerging areas in order to prevent and control infectious diseases by relying on well-designed and validated scientific approaches.
MoU between India and US
In the meeting, another MoU between the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and the Department of Health & Human Services of the US, in the health sector, was finalised. Under the MoU, major areas of cooperation include Health Safety & Security; Communicable Diseases & Non-Communicable Diseases; Health Policy and Health Systems.
Category: International Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|