Indian-American Swati Dandenkar appointed as US Director of ADB
India-born Swati Dandekar has been appointed as the United States director of the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
She was nominated to this position by US President Barack Obama and was designated with rank of an ambassador. She would replace Robert M Orr who has held this position since 2010.
About Swati Dandekar
- Swati Dandekar was born on March 6, 1951 in Nagpur, Maharashtra. Along with her husband Arvind, she had migrated to the US in 1973.
- She had received her BS degree in Biology and Chemistry from Nagpur University and a graduate diploma from Mumbai University in dietetics.
- Dandekar was the first Indian-born American citizen to win a state legislature seat in the United States.
- She was a member of the Iowa House of Representatives from 2003 to 2009 and was also member of the Iowa Senate from 2009 to 2011.
- Later, she had served on the Iowa Utilities Board from 2011 to 2013 and member of the Vision Iowa Board of Directors from 2000 to 2003.
World Agri-Tourism Day: May 16
Every year the World Agri-Tourism Day is celebrated on May 16. This year, on the fourteenth World Ag...
PESCO: EU approves US participation for the first time
The European Union recently approved the requests of Norway, Canada and United States to participate...
Maharashtra Day: May 1
Every year, Maharashtra Day is celebrated on May 1. It commemorates the formation of the state of Ma...
What is Cycle threshold (Ct) Value in a RT-PCR Test?
The Ct Value in a RT-PCR test is cycle Threshold value. This value determines if a patient is COVID-...
ADB provided $1.5-billion to India for Covid response
The Asian Development Bank has provided fiscal support of 1.5 billion USD to India to fight against ...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|