India, Turkmenistan ink 7 pacts to enhance regional cooperation & connectivity
India and Turkmenistan have signed 7 pacts/ agreements to enhance bilateral cooperation between the two nations.
These agreements were inked during the two-day visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Turkmenistan as part of his official visit to 5 Central Asian countries and Russia.
The signed agreements are
- MoU on Supply of Chemical Products: It was signed between the India’s ‘Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited’ and the Turkmenistan’s Turkmenhimiya’.
- MoU Foreign Service Institutes of both nations: It was signed between Foreign Service Institute of the Ministry of External Affairs of India and Institute of International Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan.
- Agreement on Cooperation in the field of Sports: It was signed between Union Ministry of Youth Affairs And Sports of India and State Committee for Sport of Turkmenistan.
- Programme of Cooperation In Science And Technology: It was signed between both governments for the period of two years viz. 2015-2017.
- MoU on Cooperation in Yoga and Traditional Medicine: It was signed between respective entities of both governments.
- MoU on Cooperation in the Field Of Tourism: It was signed between respective entities of both governments.
- Agreement in the field of Defence: It was signed between respective entities of both governments.
Besides signing these agreements, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterpart President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov held extensive discussions on bilateral relations and issues of mutual interest at regional and international level.
Both leaders also released an Indo-Turkmen Joint Statements to increase regional cooperation and connectivity.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2015
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|