India, Sweden ink six agreements during President Pranab Mukherjee’s visit
India and Sweden inked six agreements, during the visit of President Pranab Mukherjee to Sweden, key Arctic Council member.
It should be noted that Mr. Pranab Mukherjee is the first Indian President to visit Sweden.
Following agreements were signed
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Sustainable Urban Development- It aims to foster closer and long term cooperation between both nations in the field of sustainable development and protection of the environment.
- MoU on cooperation in the field of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) – It aims at promoting partnership projects, institution and enterprise level cooperation related to MSMEs. It also seeks development of MSMEs and facilitating exchange of business mission by initiating technology transfer and sustainable business alliances.
- Agreement on Visa Exemption for diplomatic passports- It aims to strengthen the friendly relations by facilitating the entry of citizens of both nations holding diplomatic passports.
- Letter of Intent (LoI) on Collaboration in Polar and Ocean Research- It seeks to encourage collaboration in the areas of Polar (Antarctic and Arctic) and Ocean Research. Signatory parties are Earth System Science Organisation (ESSO) of India and the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat (SPRS)
- Memorandum of Intent (MoI) between Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Swedish Research Council for Health Working Life and Welfare (FORTE) for cooperation in the field of ageing research and health.
- MoI between India’s Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) and Swedish Medical Products Agency (MPA) for complimentary cooperation between both nations in the area of health, electronic submissions, pharmacovigilance, drugs, clinical trials, medical devices and diagnostic kits etc.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2015