India and Egypt sign agreement in the area of Maritime Transport
India and Egypt have signed an agreement in the area of Maritime Transport to step up co-operation on the seas.
The agreement was signed during the 3-day visit (from September 1 to 3, 2016) of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El Sisi to India.
The Maritime Transport Agreement will strengthen cooperation between both countries. It will also provide sustained mutual assistance and advice on merchant shipping and other related maritime matters.
The agreement seeks to
- Strengthen cooperation in the field of merchant shipping and other matters related maritime transport between both countries.
- Encourage the development maritime relationship between both countries and mutually cooperate to enhance and stimulate steady growth of maritime traffic.
- Facilitate training and exchange of staff and students between both countries from various maritime establishments.
- Boost exchange of information necessary for facilitating and accelerating the flow of commercial goods in the sea and at the ports.
- Facilitate establishment of joint ventures (JVs) in the fields of maritime transportation, maritime training, shipbuilding and repairs, IT including development of simulators, port facilities and related maritime activities, etc.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|