Hurun India Rich List 2019: Mukesh Ambani richest Indian
Reliance Industries’ Chairman Mukesh Ambani is India’s richest man as mentioned in the IIFL Wealth-Hurun India Rich List 2019. He has topped the list of richest Indians for the 8th consecutive year. He currently has a net worth of Rs 3.8 lakh crore.
IIFL Wealth-Hurun India Rich List 2019
The 8th edition of report was released by Hurun Report India and IIFL Wealth Management.
London-based SP Hinduja & family, with assets worth Rs.1.86 lakh crore, retained 2nd rank in the list, while Wipro founder Azim Premji secured 3rd place with a net wealth of Rs.1.17 lakh crore.
Key Findings of List
- As per latest IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List, the number of Indians having a net worth of over Rs1,000 crore has grown to 953 this year from 831 in 2018.
- The number of Indians billionaires in terms of US dollar has reduced to 138 from 141.
- The combined wealth of top 25 Indians in list equates to 10% of India’s GDP and that of 953 accounts for 27%.
- Although cumulative wealth for 2019 shows an increase of 2% compared to 2018 but the average wealth shows a decline of 11%.
- With 246 individuals (or 26% of list), Mumbai is absolute capital when it comes to the residence of top entrepreneurs of India. Mumbai is followed by New Delhi (175) and Bengaluru (77).
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News