Hurun India Rich List 2019: Mukesh Ambani richest Indian
Reliance Industries’ Chairman Mukesh Ambani is India’s richest man as mentioned in the IIFL Wealth-Hurun India Rich List 2019. He has topped the list of richest Indians for the 8th consecutive year. He currently has a net worth of Rs 3.8 lakh crore.
IIFL Wealth-Hurun India Rich List 2019
The 8th edition of report was released by Hurun Report India and IIFL Wealth Management.
London-based SP Hinduja & family, with assets worth Rs.1.86 lakh crore, retained 2nd rank in the list, while Wipro founder Azim Premji secured 3rd place with a net wealth of Rs.1.17 lakh crore.
Key Findings of List
- As per latest IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List, the number of Indians having a net worth of over Rs1,000 crore has grown to 953 this year from 831 in 2018.
- The number of Indians billionaires in terms of US dollar has reduced to 138 from 141.
- The combined wealth of top 25 Indians in list equates to 10% of India’s GDP and that of 953 accounts for 27%.
- Although cumulative wealth for 2019 shows an increase of 2% compared to 2018 but the average wealth shows a decline of 11%.
- With 246 individuals (or 26% of list), Mumbai is absolute capital when it comes to the residence of top entrepreneurs of India. Mumbai is followed by New Delhi (175) and Bengaluru (77).
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
Forbes list of India’s 10 richest billionaires
The Forbes recently released its list of wealthiest people in the world. Forbes is an American busin...
Future-Amazon Dispute: Future Group challenges Delhi HC order
The Future Group has challenged the Delhi high court order that banned the sale of its assets to Rel...
Reliance Industries at 96th rank in Fortune Global 500 list
Reliance Industries, headed by the Indian Billionaire Mukesh Ambani, has jumped 10 places to break i...
Mukesh Ambani now Fourth-Richest Person in the World
Mukesh Ambani, the Chairman of Reliance Industries, has become the fourth wealthiest person in the w...
Jack Ma becomes the richest billionaire in Asia
According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, the founder of e-commerce major Alibaba Group, Jack M...
Hurun Global Rich List 2020 released
As per the recently released ‘Hurun Global Rich List 2020’, China is home to the highest number ...
Nita Ambani elected to board of New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art
Educationist, Philanthropist and Businesswoman Nita Ambani has been named the Honorary Trustee of Ne...
RIL becomes first Indian company to hit Rs. 9 lakh crore m-cap
Mukesh Ambani-led Oil-to-telecom major Reliance Industries (RIL) has become the first company in Ind...
What is behind RIL plans to become a zero-net debt company?
The Reliance Industries group, currently lead by Mukesh Ambani is one of the largest companies in In...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|