Hunar Haat Exhibitions Inaugurated in New Delhi
Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley and Union Minority Affairs Minister Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurated Hunar Haat exhibitions in New Delhi. Hunar Haat plays an important role in national and international branding of the heritage of master artisans in India. Hunar Haat is aimed at “Development with Dignity” of the artisans and craftsmen from the minority communities.
Benefits from Hunar Haat
Hunar Haat provides following benefits:
- Projecting the talent of Indian artisans.
- Build a credible brand of Indigenous Talent of Indian artisans and craftsmen.
- Promoting the artisan and craftsmen heritage of India which had been marginalised for a long time.
- Provides an Empowerment & Employment Exchange platform for master artisans and craftsmen.
- Provides a platform to fulfil the commitments under “Make in India”, “Stand up India” and “Startup India”.
Hunar Haat exhibitions are organised by the Ministry of Minority affairs under its USTAAD (Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme.
USTAAD scheme aims to preserve the heritage of traditional arts and crafts of minority communities, build the capacity of traditional craftspersons and artisans and establish linkages of traditional skills with the global market
Together with boosting the skill of craftsmen, weavers and artisans engaged in the traditional ancestral work, USTAAD scheme aims to enhance the market access to the traditional arts and crafts , so that the rich heritage of the minority communities are preserved for future generations.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|