Himachal Pradesh assembly launches India's first E-Vidhan Mobile apps
Himachal Pradesh Government on 30 March 2015 launched part one of E-Vidhan Mobile apps.
E-Vidhan Mobile apps will enable all 68 members of state assembly to get the entire House business on their smartphones and tablets, laid in the House 45 minutes before the beginning of the daily proceedings.
With this Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha became the first state assembly in the country to launch this app to facilitate smart-working.
- The app will provide notifications of the Vidhan Sabha’s press releases, bulletins, budget speeches, documents and the bills tabled in the House to members.
- The bills introduced or laid for discussion in assembly will be made available to the members.
- The reports laid in the house by the committees, information about government notification, budget speech and salary and perks’ drawn by members will be viewed on the apps.
- The information provided on the apps could be corrected on line.
- To access the apps, wi-fi service will be made available to the members in side assembly complex during the session.
The hi-tech E-Vidhan system will help state government to save 8 crore rupees per annum spent on the paper.
Next phase i.e. part two of E-Vidhan Mobile apps will be launched later. Part two of E-Vidhan Mobile apps will facilitate MLAs in their constituency management works. It will also help to attend grievances of the people online and also interact with officials of the constituency.