Highlights of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Seychelles
Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Seychelles as part of three-nation tour for cementing strategic partnership with island countries of Seychelles, Mauritius and Sri Lanka.
Narendra Modi is first Prime Minister to visit Seychelles in 34 years. Previously, late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi had visited the country in 1981.
- Both nations agreed to set up joint working group to promote ocean based economy i.e. on Blue Economy. In this regard, India committed to provide all help to Seychelles.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also announced free visa on arrival (VoA) and free visas for three months facility to the citizens of Seychelles.
- Four agreements and MoUs were signed between both the countries. They were signed in the fields of renewable energy, hydro graphic survey, electronics navigation and infrastructure development at the island of Seychelles.
- These agreements and MoU’s were signed by Secretary (West) Navtej Sarna from Indian side in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President of Seychelles James Alix Michel.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also inaugurated a Coastal Surveillance Radar system (SSRS). The surveillance system has set up in Seychelles with the help of India.
- India also announced to provide 2nd dossier aircraft to the island nation to enhance maritime security.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|