Haryana becomes first to launch injectable contraceptive
Haryana became the first state in the country to implement the use of injectable contraceptives as a family planning measure.
In this regard, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has launched ‘Project Salamati’ in assistance of Pathfinder International.
- Under the Project Salamati, injectable contraceptives would be available free of cost at all primary health centres, community health centres, sub divisional and district hospitals.
- The sole aim of the project is to maintain healthy gap between the births of children by using injectable contraceptive.
- It is being implemented by state health department and will be initially implemented in nine health blocks of four districts of the state.
- These four health blocks are in district Palwal, 3 in district Mewat, Kurali block in district Faridabad and Khor block in district Rewari.
- These districts have been chosen as a pilot project, as mother and infant mortality rate in these districts are more as compared to other districts.
- After the success of this project in these selected districts, it would be implemented throughout the state.
Pathfinder International: It is a global non-profit organization that focuses on reproductive health, family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention and care, and maternal health.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|