Haryana government to constitute board to preserve Saraswati Heritage Area
Haryana Government has decided to constitute the Haryana Saraswati Heritage Development Board (HSHDB) in a bid to promote and preserve the various archeo-cultural facets of the Saraswati Heritage Area (SHA).
A decision to this effect was taken in the Cabinet meeting of the State presided by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar in Chandigarh.
Haryana Saraswati Heritage Development Board (HSHDB)
- HSHDB will conduct meticulous field work to understand and unearth the past and the present content of the Saraswati Heritage Area in Haryana.
- Data collected from the field work will be used for exposition of cultural patterns and values of SHA.
- The registered office of the HSHDB will either located in Chandigarh or Panchkula.
- The board will also publish books, monographs, journals and also biographies of scholars who have contributed to the study of SHA.
- The board will maintain effective liaison with the UNESCO, Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and other related National and International Institutions for participation and exchange of scholars and researchers working in the area of Saraswati Heritage.
- Rs. 10 crore provision has been made for establishment and smooth functioning of the HSHDB.
Category: Art & Culture Current Affairs