‘Guardian’ – Microsoft launched new app for women's safety
The technology giant Microsoft launched a new application (app) ‘Guardian’ with safety features, exclusively for Windows phone users in India. It builds up this app, chiefly to protect women from incidents such as ‘Nirbhaya’.
About the app ‘Guardian’
- Uses Microsoft Windows Azure cloud solution and the Bing Maps API and allow anyone we wish to track our movements. This can be done by switching on the “track me” feature.
- Users will be able to place a call for help through an ‘SOS’ alert button and also connect to security agencies, police and hospitals easily via this app in times of crisis.
- Helps women in distress by alerting their friends, families, as well as it is available as an integrated solution for Police or security agencies, which can monitor distress SOS calls and provide help through a portal.
- The app allows us to add multiple buddies who will be alerted in emergency situations. It will let them opt out in case they’re not so willing to take our SOS call.
- The SOS messages will continue to go out even if our phone is destroyed. The best bit is that the SOS button can also send emails and post to private Facebook groups. The application is capable of one touch video recording that may be used as evidence.
Note: The app developed by a group of Microsoft India employees in India inside the Microsoft Garage. Microsoft Garage is a global employee innovation initiative that gives Microsoft employees an outlet to explore ideas in their free time.
Mobile makers should install “SoS” button for women safety: Finance Minister
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|