Government launches Fit India Freedom Run
Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Anurag Thakur, launched a nationwide programme of Fit India Freedom Run 2.0 on August 13, 2021 to celebrate the Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav.
- According to union sports minister. programme has been launched at 75 ‘iconic’ locations.
- The Fit India Freedom Run 2.0 will conclude on October 2, 2021.
- During this period, people from each district and each village will participate in the freedom run movement.
- In the freedom run 1.0, about 5 crore people had joined. While, this year, the number has increased to 7.5 crore people.
- Fit India Freedom Run 2.0 was flagged off from Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, New Delhi.
- Government has planned to reach out to every household with the mantra of ‘Fitness ki dose ‘aadha ghanta roz’ in order to keep Indians fit.
- Fit India Freedom Runs will be organised across 744 Districts, 75 villages in each of 744 Districts and 30,000 Educational Institutions in India.
- First edition of the ‘Fit India Freedom Run’ was organized from August 15 to October 2, 2020.
Aim of the campaign
The Fit India freedom run 2.0 programme was launched with the aim of encouraging people to take up fitness activities like running and sports in their daily lives in order to get freedom from laziness, obesity, stress, anxiety and diseases.
Activities of Fit India Freedom Run 2.0
Key activities of Fit India Freedom Run 2.0 comprises of pledge, rendering of National Anthem, Freedom Run, cultural functions at all the venues, raising awareness among Youth Volunteers to participate & organize such Freedom Runs in their villages.
Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav
This event is being organised by Government of India to commemorate 75th Anniversary of India’s Independence. This event was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra in March 2021 from Sabarmati Ashram, Ahmadabad. It will continue till August 15, 2023.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|