Government Launches e-Dharti app and e-Dharti GeoPortal
The Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri launched the e-Dharti app and e-Dharti GeoPortal to help the public in getting the necessary information on fingertips and the government to effectively manage its properties.
- Under the e-Dharti app, all the three modules- Conversion, Substitution and Mutation related to properties have been made online.
- The payment system in Land and Development Office, L&DO has also been completely digitized.
- This enables the public to submit their applications online by visiting the L&DO website. This absolves the need to visit the office for submission of them and for follow up of their applications.
- e-Dharti GeoPortal enables the lessee of the property to see the basic details of property along with the map showing its location.
- The lessee can also be issued a Property Card from this office about his property if he asks for it.
- e-Dharti GeoPortal will also benefit the government by letting it know the actual status of its vacant properties, whether there is any encroachment on the property.
The government is in process of digitising and integrating other three modules- Sale Permission, Mortgage Permission and Gift Permission. Once completed this digitisation and integration will go a long way in streamlining the working of property related matters by making it more public friendly, efficient, accountable and transparent.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs