Government launches Bharat ke Veer web portal and application
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has launched web portal and mobile application named “Bharat ke Veer” to enable people to contribute towards family of martyrs from central paramilitary forces.
It was launched by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on the occasion of Valour Day of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), observed on 9 April.
- The portal and application is an IT based platform to enable willing donors to contribute towards the family of a braveheart who have sacrificed their life in line of duty or towards the ‘Bharat Ke Veer’ corpus.
- This online donation platform is technically supported by National Informatics Centre (NIC) and powered by State Bank of India (SBI).
- The amount so donated through it will be credited to the account of ‘Next of Kin’ of those Central Armed Police Force or Central Para Military Force soldiers.
- To ensure maximum coverage, a cap of Rs. 15 lakh is imposed on donation and donors will be alerted if amount exceeds, so they can choose to divert part of the donation to another account or the corpus.
- Bharat Ke Veer corpus will be managed by a committee made up of eminent persons of repute and senior Government officials.
- The committee will decide to disbursement of fund equitably to braveheart’s family on need basis.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|