First Government Hospital Robotic Surgery facility in Safdarjung Hospital
The Robotic Surgery Facility was opened in the Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi. It is one of the biggest tertiary care referral centre of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. It caters to all poor patients of uro-oncological cancers like bladder cancer, kidney failure, kidney cancers from different parts of the country.
With the new Robotic surgery facility, it becomes the first Government hospital in India to begin the minimally invasive surgery facility.
- The hospital has so far done 25 surgeries using robotic system. It includes kidney cancer, bladder cancer and advanced reconstructive surgeries.
- Around 21 operation theaters (OT) have been dedicated to the renal transplant OTs and robotic OTs for urology cancers and kidney failures for poor patients in India.
- The Robotic surgeries will go live from November, 2019.
Safdarjung Government Hospital
- The LIVE 3-D Laproscopic Surgeries Web cast that shows complex uro-oncology and reconstructive surgeries is first in its kind.
- The programme of live telecast in the hospital has been integrated with the E-Health online education programme of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The programme connects 52 medical colleges all over India
- The hospital also has a National Robotic training center.