Famous classical singer Pandit Arun Bhaduri passed away
Famous classical singer Pandit Arun Bhaduri passed away on 17th December 2018 at the age of 75, after a prolonged illness. He is survived by his wife and son.
Pandit Bhaduri had been suffering for quite some time from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other ailments.
About Pandit Arun Bhaduri:
- Pandit Arun Bhaduri was born on 7th October 1943 in Murshidabad, West Bengal.
- He was a Hindustani Classical Music and Semi-Classical Music Vocalist, initially tutored by Mohammed A. Daud Khan.
- Pandit Arun Bhaduri was an exponent on Kirana and Rampur Gharana.
- He was famous for fusing all these styles beautifully to create his own inimitable style.
- He also used to sing Bengali songs and Bhajans.
- In 2014, he was awarded Banga Bibhushan Samman. He also won many other awards.
- He had served as a guru teacher at the ITC Sangeet Research Academy.
Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee expressed grief over the sudden death of Pandit Bhaduri. She conveyed her condolences to the family members, friends and followers of Pandit Arun Bhaduri.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News