Dr. Tej Vir Singh won the UNWTO Ulysses Prize for the Creation and Dissemination of Knowledge
Professor Dr. Tej Vir Singh won the 2013 UNWTO Ulysses Prize for Excellence in the Creation and Dissemination of Knowledge in Madrid, Spain.
About Professor Dr. Tej Vir Singh
- Belong to Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Established the CTRD in 1976, a Non-Government Organization (NGO) devoted to the cause of tourism academics and research, with a special focus on India.
- Founding director of the Centre for Tourism Research & Development (CTRD) in India.
- And also founding editor of Asia oldest tourism journal ‘Tourism Recreation Research’.
- Specialist in Himalayan tourism wrote many books on tourism and many papers on tourism development and its impacts.
Note: The UNWTO Ulysses Prize is given to a distinguished scholar, whether in academia, government or private industry, for outstanding contributions to innovation and knowledge in tourism.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News