‘Dilli ki Yogshala’ programme launched
Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal, launched the ‘Dilli ki Yogshala’ programme on December 13, 2021.
- The programme was launched at Delhi Secretariat for providing free of cost yoga classes to the people in the national capital.
- Yoga classes will start from January 2022.
- Under the Yogshala programme, at least 20000 people in Delhi will practice Yoga, at the current capacity of 400 yoga instructors.
- Launch of the programme will prevent people from falling ill and thus prevent from requiring treatment in first place.
- Under this, classes and teachers will be provided free of cost to the public.
What are the requirements?
To avail the benefits of the programme, people are required to get together a group of 25 people who are willing to learn Yoga, on an open space near their house, such as a park or a community hall. The group will be provided with an instructor by giving a missed call on 9013585858.
Delhi government had conceptualised the Yogshala programme in February 2021 and to implement this, it passed a budget as well.
Public Interest Scheme
In the past seven years, Delhi government has carried out several experiments in governance field. Government has developed various hospitals and Mohalla Clinics in Delhi to reform the health sector.
Delhi government also launched the Happiness Curriculum in government schools. With the launch of this, children have become more peaceful. Happiness Curriculum is an educational program, launched for children studying in nursery to grade eight in government schools of Delhi. This program was launched in July 2018. It was launched with the objective of improving the mental well-being of pupils. The programme teaches mindfulness, critical thinking, social-emotional learning, relationship building and problem solving. It seeks to:
- Build emotional awareness
- Support decision making with emotional awareness,
- Equip pupils with necessary skills & environment for becoming purpose-driven
- Explore a nuanced idea of happiness.
After the successful implementation of this programme in Delhi, Indian states like Andhra Pradesh & Uttarakhand, as well as countries like Nepal, Afghanistan, and the United Arab Emirates are preparing to implement similar programs.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|