Current Affairs – September 2, 2020 [Evening Headlines]
Here are the Current Affairs Evening Headlines of September 2, 2020 by GKToday:
- ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’ campaign launched by MP government
- Cabinet approves Mission Karmayogi – National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building
- India, Russia to hold bilateral naval exercise near Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Government supplied free food grain to around 95% of total migrants
- Foreign ministers discuss India-Nigeria bilateral relations
- India among top 50 on Global Innovation Index-2020
- Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India report for 2019 released
- India witnesses narrowing gap between renewable energy, coal power
‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’ campaign launched by MP government
Around 35 lakh citizens participated in the campaign, which was divided into 5 themes – Cleanliness Oath, Continuous reduction in urban waste emissions, Cleanliness in COVID conditions, Separation of wastes from sources of houses and Launching a special cleanliness campaign for public places.
Cabinet approves Mission Karmayogi – National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building
The objective is to prepare the Indian Civil Servants for the future by providing them with knowledge of the best practices across the world. PM’s Public Human Resource Council is to serve as the apex body for providing strategic direction for civil services’ reform and capacity building.
The navies are to hold joint exercise on September 4-5, coinciding with Rajnath Singh’s visit to Moscow. INDRA NAVY-2020, which was to be held in Vladivostok, was postponed due to the pandemic. Later it was planned to be held as ‘no-contact’ at sea only Passage Exercise (PASSEX).
Government supplied free food grain to around 95% of total migrants
Consumer Affairs Ministry announced that it had supplied food grain to around 95 per cent of 2,80,00,000 migrants under Atma Nirbhar Bharat. Around 2,65,000 tonnes of food grains have been successfully distributed under the scheme until 31st August 2020.
Foreign ministers discuss India-Nigeria bilateral relations
External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar and his Nigerian counterpart Geoffrey Onyeama held talks on various aspects of the bilateral ties in a virtual mode. Both sides recognized and acknowledged the long standing, multifaceted and strategic bilateral ties between the countries.
India among top 50 on Global Innovation Index-2020
World Intellectual Property Organisation released Global Innovation Index-2020, in which India jumped four places to land at 48th position. India is among the economies with the most significant progress in this ranking. The annual ranking was topped by Switzerland, Sweden, the US, the UK and Netherlands.
Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India report for 2019 released
According to the annual report released by the National Crime Records Bureau, there has been a 1.3% increase in the number of road crash deaths in the country. The report was released a year after the notification of the Motor Vehicles Amendment Act, 2019.
India witnesses narrowing gap between renewable energy, coal power
According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), the share of renewable energy in the country increased from 17% just before pandemic to almost 24%. The coal-fired power, on the other hand, has fallen from 76% to 66% during the same period.
Category: Today's News Headlines
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|