Current Affairs : October 9, 2011
“Sampriti II” Indo-Bangladesh combined military exercise commences
- “Sampriti II” – fortnight long India-Bangladesh combined Military Exercise started in Sylhet. A 25 member team (led Major S.Y Mahadhik) of the Indian army is taking part in the combined exercise with a team of the Bangladesh army.
- At the Jalalabad Cantonment of the Bangladesh Army, the exercise is being planned. The exercise to conclude on October 22, 2011
Lokpal Bill: Govt concurs to make public sound recordings of combined Drafting Committee proceedings
- The authorities have consented to make public the sound recording of conference of the Joint Drafting Committee appointed to outline the Lokpal Bill.
- The Joint Drafting Committee consisted of 5 fellows member of Team Anna Hazare and the same number of Cabinet Ministers. The department of personnel has supplied the recordings to an RTI activist S C Agrawal after billing Rs 450 as extra fee for furnishing the sound recording of the deliberations.
“Come and Play” Scheme launched by Govt in order to boost mass participation in sports
- Government launched the Countrywide “Come and Play” scheme. The objective of the scheme is to promote bulk involvement in sports and optimum utilization of sports infrastructure. The target of the scheme is 8-17 age group.
- This is so that their latent capabilities can be fostered by organized training accessible at the sports centres. It will make sure access to above 80 SAI (Sports Authority of India) amenities to the young. As per the format the trainees will be supplied with playing field, non-consumable instrumentation etc. The Trainees can also carry their private sports kit with racquets / bats for rehearsal.
Sebastian Vettel: Youngest Formula One World Champ in history to bag 2 successive titles
- Sebastian Vettel, the Red Bull-Renault driver became the youngest person in Formula One History to bag two successive World Championship titles.
With Bilateral Trade worth $50.8 Billion, China becomes Russia’s Largest Trading Partner
With $50.8 bilateral trade from January to August 2011, China became Russia’s biggest trading partner.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs