Top News Headlines by GKToday – 30 June, 2019
- Goa Govt. approves amendment to Factories Act which will allow deployment of women in night shifts in industries.
- SDG Dashboard: Union Statistics Ministry launches Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) dashboard. It will track country’s progress on the Agenda 2030 adopted by the UN. It was launched on the occasion of National Statistics Day on June 29 (birth anniversary of Prof. P C Mahalanobis)
- One Ration Card: Centre gives states and UTs time till June 30, 2020 to roll out ‘one nation, one ration card’ system. Scheme Beneficiaries can buy subsidised foodgrains from ration shops in any part of India.
- Santosh Rana: Veteran Naxalite leader and former MLA dies in Kolkata at 75 years of age.
- Babu Narayanan: Malayalam filmmaker dies in Thrissur at the age of 59
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- CAD: India’s current account deficit (CAD) for January-March period narrows to 0.7% of GDP (was 1.8% in the same period of 2018-19).
- HP launches World’s First Dual-Screen Gaming Laptop, Omen X 2S, for ₹2.1 lakh
- International Day of Tropics observed on June 29
- Cote d’Ivoire: Mahatma Gandhi IT and Biotechnology Park (MGIT-BP) inaugurated at Grand-Bassam
- India abstains from voting on UN General Assembly resolution aimed at examining options to end trade in goods used for capital punishment and torture
- Sir Mark Tully, Veteran British journalist given ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ at UK-India Awards in London
- All but US members of G20, reaffirm their commitment to “full implementation” of the Paris Climate Deal
- US Court prohibits President Donald Trump from tapping $2.5 billion in military funding to build wall on Mexican border
- Genoa (Italy): Bridge demolished in controlled explosion, 10 months after it collapsed killing 43
- NASA to launch Dragonfly drone to Saturn’s largest moon Titan in search of building blocks of life
- Rahul Dravid to take charge as Head of Cricket at National Cricket Academy in Bangalore on a two-year contract
Category: Today's News Headlines
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|