CoWIN Global Conclave – Highlights
CoWIN Global Conclave will be held on July 5, 2021. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to share his thoughts at CoWIN Global Conclave.
- India will be offering CoWIN platform as digital public good to other countries run their COVID-19 vaccination drives.
- Around 50 countries like Mexico, Canada, Nigeria, Uganda and Panama have shown interest in adopting CoWIN.
- Prime minister has thus directed officials to create an open-source version of platform and provide it to any country that wants it for free.
About CoWIN Global Conclave
- It is a joint initiative by Union ministries of health, external affairs and the NHA.
- This virtual conclave will be inaugurated by Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan.
- It will witness participation from health & technology experts who will represent countries from worldwide.
- Conclave will be organised with the aim of sharing India’s experience with respect to universal vaccination in order to fight COVID-19 through Co-WIN.
About Co-WIN Portal
Co-WIN portal was developed by central information technology (IT) system to strategize, implement, monitor and evaluate Covid vaccination. CoWIN stands for Covid Vaccine Intelligence Work. It is government’s web portal to register for COVID-19 vaccination. Portal displays slots of COVID-19 vaccine available in nearby areas. Slots can be booked on website. Registration for vaccination slots can be booked same day or few days prior. Platform has been integrated in Aarogya Setu and UMANG Apps. Certificate after COVID-19 vaccination can be obtained through platform. Three vaccines Covishield, Covaxin and Sputnik V can be registered through platform as of now. Portal started offering vaccination for frontline workers of India on January 16, 2021.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: Summits and Conferences
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|