AYUSH Minister announces expansion of NEIAFMR
AYUSH Minister and Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, Sarbananda Sonowal, announced to expand ‘North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda and Folk Medicine Research (NEIAFMR)’ in Pasighat, Arunachal Pradesh.
- NEIAFMR will be expanded by developing new infrastructure within the campus.
- This initiative was launched in line with the vision of developing AYUSH sector in Arunachal Pradesh and entire northeast region.
- Development of additional infrastructure at NEIAFMR will require an investment of about Rs 53.72 crores.
- Under the developmental initiative, a new Ayurveda College comprising of 30 seats and a new Ayurveda Hospital comprising of 60 beds will be established.
- Thus, this initiative would be creating a direct employment for 86 posts.
NEIAFMR is an autonomous National Institute under the AYUSH Ministry. NEIFM at Pasighat was established to conduct systematic research, documentation and validation of traditional health practices and folk medicine of the region. Institute was established with the objective of functioning as an apex research centre for all aspect of Folk Medicine and creating an interface between scientific research, survey, validation & documentation of folk medicine practices and traditional healers.
Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi had given approval in July 2021 to change the nomenclature & mandate of North Eastern Institute of Folk Medicine (NEIFM) as “North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Folk Medicine Research (NEIAFMR)”.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|