Arunachal Pradesh: India’s 1st Certified Organic Fruit Kiwi Launched
On November 28, 2021, India’s only certified organic kiwi from Ziro Valley Farms of Arunachal Pradesh was launched at a mega National Tribal Festival called Aadi Mahotsav. This festival is being held in Dilli Hat, INA in New Delhi.
- The launch ceremony was held in association with support from Arunachal Pradesh Government and National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd (NAFED).
- This initiative was undertaken as part of the vision with the aim of transforming India into a self-reliant nation under “Atma Nirbharta campaign”.
- Arunachal Pradesh is the 1st Indian state, that obtained “organic certification of kiwifruit” under the “Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North East Region (MOVCD-NER)”, which is a Central Government scheme launched for North-eastern states.
- The Aadi Mahotsav is an annual tribal festival, being organized by Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED).
- It is an annual tribal festival, that draw tribes and their unique stories into the highlight.
- Aadi Mahotsav was inaugurated on November 16, 2021 by Sukhram Munda who is the grandson of Bhagwan Birsa Munda.
- This year, around 200 stalls were set up from across India and around 1000 artisans and artists participated in the festival.
Aim of the Mahotsav
The Aadi Mahotsav was launched with the aim of empowering tribal business in India and exhibit their products.
Ziro Valley is a town and district headquarters of Lower Subansiri district in Arunachal Pradesh. This town has been included in Tentative List for UNESCO’s World Heritage Site for its Apatani cultural landscape.
Category: States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|