Amazon Web Services acquires encrypted messaging app Wickr
Amazon Web Services has acquired encrypted messaging app called Wickr. This messaging app was founded in 2012.
Impact of the move
Wickr app is an encrypted messaging app which has been popular with journalists and whistle-blowers. It is not yet clear how this move will impact app`s popularity for free users. This acquisition was partially influenced by need to preserve information security while working remotely.
About Amazon Web Services
- Amazon web services is a subsidiary of Amazon which provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs to individuals.
- Stephen Schmidt is the Vice President of Amazon Web Services.
- These cloud computing web service provides several basic abstract technical infrastructure and distributed computing building blocks.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is one such service by the company which allows users to have a virtual cluster of computers through Internet, all the time.
- These virtual computers are similar to real computer with respect to hardware central processing units (CPUs) & graphics processing units (GPUs), local & RAM memory, hard-disk & SSD storage etc.
It is an American software company, headquartered in New York City. Company is best known for its instant messenger application of name Wickr. It has developed several secure messaging apps on the basis of different customer needs including Wickr Me, Wickr Pro, Wickr Enterprise, Wickr RAM. Wickr instant messaging apps allow users to send & receive end-to-end encrypted & content-expiring messages. App is available on iOS, Android, Windows, Linux operating systems and Mac.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: International Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|