All India Survey on Higher Education 2019-2020
Ministry of Education has released latest edition of “All India Survey on Higher Education” (AISHE) 2019-2020. As per the survey, number of institutions of national importance have increased to 135 which accounts for 80 percent in last five years.
Key Findings of Survey
- According to survey, number of institutions of national importance have increased to 135 in 2020 from 75 in 2015.
- Gender parity Index has also improved.
- Number of PhDs has increased by 60 per cent since 2015. Number of students pursuing PhD in 2019-20 was 2.03 lakh while in 2014-15 it was 1.17 lakh.
- Number of teachers stands at 15,03,156. Out of them, 57.5 percent are male while 42.5 percent are female.
- Total enrolment in higher education is 3.85 crore in 2019-20, which was 3.74 crore in 2018-19 & 3.42 crore in 2014-15.
About AISHE Survey
AISHE report is published by Ministry of Education since 2010-11. Survey provides key performance indicators on current status of higher education in India. Data is collected on parameters like number of teachers, student enrolment, examination results, programmes, education finance and infrastructure. Indicators of educational development include Institution Density, Pupil-Teacher ratio, Gross Enrolment Ratio, Gender Parity Index and Per Student Expenditure.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|