Aadi Mahotsav inaugurated by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu
The Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu, have inaugurated the Aadi Mahotsav at Dilli Haat in New Delhi.
- The festival is being organised at Dilli Haat, INA.
- It comprises of the display and sale of tribal art & craft, medicine, cuisine and folk performances.
- The festival will be participated by some thousand tribal artisans, artists and chefs from across the 20 States of the country.
- The tribal communities will provide a glimpse of their rich traditional culture.
- The festival is being organised under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Under the ministry, TRIFED has been working to improve the income and livelihoods of the tribal people besides preserving their way of life and traditions.
About Aadi Mahotsav
- It is a National Tribal Festival that was inaugurated on February 1, 2020.
- The festival will continue till February 15, 2021.
- The Aadi Mahotsav is the celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Crafts, Cuisine and Commerce.
- This initiative runs successfully since 2017.
- It is an attempt to familiarise the people with the rich and diverse craft, culture of the tribal communities from across the country.
- The festival is organised under the theme: “Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Cuisine and Commerce”.
The festival suggests that the ‘adi’ factor is an important about them. Theur way of life is guided by the primal truths, eternal values and natural simplicity. These tribes have managed to retain the natural simplicity. Because of this quality, their arts and crafts a timeless appeal. Thus, this festival is organised in order to channelize and promote their natural skills and provide them a source for livelihood.
Tribal Co-operative Marketing Federation of India (TRIFED)
It is a national level cooperative body that works under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal Affairs. The body was established in the year 1984 under the co-operative societies act 1984. The body is engaged in empowering the downtrodden tribal community by procuring the tribal art and craft items through its retail outlet called TRIBES INDIA.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|