70th Himachal Day celebrated across Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh celebrated 70th Himachal Day function in Chamba. Himachal Pradesh came into existence by merging 30 odd princely states in 1948.
According to a 2005 Transparency International survey, Himachal Pradesh was found to be the second least corrupt state in the country.
An overview of development
- In 1948, state’s per capita income was Rs 240 and State’s GDP was Rs 26 crore. At present, the corresponding figures are Rs 1,47,277 and Rs 1,24,570 crore respectively.
- Literacy rate has increased from 7% in 1948 to 82.80% (Census 2011).
- Out of total 3226 panchayats, 3138 panchayats have been connected with motorable roads
- From only 6 villages that had electricity, now every household has electricity.
- 70% of the population of the state depends on agriculture for their livelihood. To augment horticulture production, World Bank funded Rs 1134 crore Horticulture Development Project has been launched in the state.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|