6th anniversary of Digital India Abhiyan
6th anniversary of Digital India Abhiyan was observed on July 1. On the occasion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with beneficiaries of various schemes.
- Beneficiaries shared their experiences about how adopting digital methods have made their lives easier.
- Pm highlighted that, principles of ‘Minimum Government, Maximum Governance’ is the need of hour in order to bridge gap between system and facilities.
- According to PM, digital India means opportunity for all, facility for all, and participation of all. It means a transparent & a non-discriminatory system an attack on corruption.
Achievements of Digital India Abhiyan
- DigiLocker is an example of how effective Digital India has been. On DigiLocker, all important documents like school or college documents, Aadhar, Voter ID card, PAN, can be stored easily and securely.
- Digital transactions have brought unprecedented change farmers’ lives. Under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi, about 10 crore farmer families have been deposited directly into bank account of Rs 1 lakh 35 crores.
- Digital India also realized the spirit of One Nation, One MSP. In 2021, Rs 85,000 crore of record wheat procurement directly reached to bank accounts of farmers.
- Digital India campaign also helped country amid the covid-19 pandemic. India sent rupees directly to bank accounts of people to aid them.
- One of world’s largest digital contact tracing app called Aarogya Setu helped a lot in preventing corona infection.
- CoWin attracted interest from several countries. Countries also showed interest in India’s COWIN app for vaccination.
Digital India is a campaign was launched by Government to ensure Government’s services are made available to citizens electronically using improved online infrastructure and by increasing Internet connectivity. It seeks to make India digitally empowered in the arena of technology. It plans to connect rural areas with high-speed internet networks. This initiative has three core components namely, development of secure & stable digital infrastructure, delivery of government services digitally, and universal digital literacy. It was launched by PM Modi on July 1, 2015.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|