4th SAIEVAC Ministerial Meeting begins in New Delhi
The fourth edition South Asia Initiative to End Violence Against Children (SAIEVAC) Ministerial Meeting has begun in New Delhi.
The 3 day landmark meeting (from 9 to 11 May 2016) is being hosted by the Union Ministry of Child and Women Development.
- The meeting will assess progress and developments of the past decade of regional effort of SAIEVAC and identify priorities for SAIEVAC for the next five years.
- Delegates from the governments and civil society organizations of India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka are participating in it.
- It will set strategies and agree on commitments to ensure the security and protection of the children of the region.
- The Ministerial meeting will be preceded by a two day technical consultation focusing on critical issues of child violence and protection in the region.
- India is going to showcase some of its major initiatives like Childline-1098, Trackchild and Khoya Paya, Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO Act) 2012 among others.
The 4th Ministerial Meeting marks 30 years since that SAARC summit made a commitment in 1986 by installing children as a ‘summit-level concern.
What is SAIEVAC?
SAIEVAC is apex body of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations created to bring governments of the region into active engagement for child protection against violence.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2016
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|