3.5 Million Houses Handed Over to Beneficiaries under PMAY-U, Highlights from 5 Years of PMAY-U, SCM, and AMRUT
On 25th June 2020, a webinar was conducted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs to mark the 5 years of successful completion of the 3 Schemes. The Progress, Achievements, and Outcomes from the 3 schemes in the 5 years are:
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
- The Mission covers more than 60 percent of the urban population of the country.
- Rs 77, 640 crores has been approved for projects under the State Annual Action Plans out which Rs 75, 829 has been sanctioned to date.
- Drinking-Water Supply Projects- Rs 39,011 crore allocated for providing water to 1.39 crore households
- Sewerage and Septage Projects- Rs 32,546 crore allocated for providing the service to 1.45 crore households
- Energy-efficient LED Streetlights have replaced 76 lakh conventional streetlights (reduction in 13 lakh tonnes of Carbon Dioxide emission per annum)
- Online Building Permission System (OBPS) implemented
Smart Cities Mission (SCM)
- Rs 1,66,000 crores of tender for projects have been issued to date out of which Rs 1,25,000 crores of work orders have been issued. Additional 1000 projects worth Rs 32,500 have been tendered.
- Integrated Command and Control Centres (ICCC) developed
- In last one year, 1000 additional projects at a cost of RS 36000 have been completed
- Start-up culture in Smart Cities under Smart Cities Mission started with joint efforts from Invest India and AGNI
- Urban Learning Internship Program (TULIP) developed
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Urban (PMAY-U)
- Validated demand for 1.12 Crore houses in 5 years of the scheme
- 35 lakh (3.5 million) houses have been delivered to beneficiaries to date
- 65 lakh houses are under construction at the moment, this will generate 3.65 crore jobs as the government has set a target to deliver 1.12 Crore houses under the scheme by 2022.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2020
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs