25th Arab summit 2014: Rejected Israel as 'Jewish state'
The Arab Summit refused to recognize Israel as a Jewish state and condemned the Israeli illegal settlements established on the Palestinian territories.
Highlights of 25th Arab Summit 2014
- Took place in Kuwait city, Kuwait.
- Spoke out against the Israel’s continued settlement activities and attempts to Judaise Jerusalem and its violations against Al-Aqsa Mosque as void and contrary to international law.
- Stressed on the Arabs support to the Palestinian struggle and called on the UN Security Council to shoulder its responsibilities towards the Palestinian cause.
- To intensify all efforts to establish an independent Palestinian state with its capital in East Jerusalem and invited the UN Security Council to take the necessary steps to resolve the Arab-Israeli conflict and end the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories and hold it responsible for the peace process’ failure.
- Stressed on Arab solidarity with the Syrian people and their legitimate demands to live in a state based on freedom and equality.
- Invited the international community to put an end to the war in Syria and eliminate the suffering of the Syrian people.
About Arab League
- Regional organization of Arab countries in and around North Africa, the Horn of Africa, and Southwest Asia.
- Official language: Arabic.
- Administrative center:Cairo.
- Represents 21 states and about 350 million people.
- Objective: to draw closer the relations between memberStates and co-ordinate collaboration between them, to safeguard their independence and sovereignty, and to consider in a general way the affairs and interests of the Arab countries.