2020 Government sports awards- Highlights
On November 1, 2021, Sports Ministry physically handed over trophies to the winners of National Sports Awards 2020.
- Winners of the Awards had already received the cash rewards but were unable to collect their trophies and citations during 2020 event because the Sports Awards ceremony was held virtually amid Covid-19 pandemic.
- Sports Ministry had handed over a total of 74 National Sports Awards, including 27 Arjuna Awards & 5 Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards, on August 29, 2020.
- Vinesh Phogat, Ishant Sharma highlight ceremony
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2020
Presented to Rohit Sharma (Cricket), Manika Batra (Table Tennis) Mariyappan Thangavelu (Para-Athletics), Rani Rampal (Hockey) and Vinesh Phogat (Wrestling).
Arjuna Award 2020
Presented to Atanu Das (Archery), Chirag Chandrasekhar Shetty (Badminton), Dutee Chand (Athletics), Ishant Sharma (Cricket), Deepti Sharma (Cricket), Divya Kakran (Wrestling) et al.
Dronacharya Award (Life-Time Category) 2020
Presented to Naresh Kumar (Tennis), Romesh Pathania (Hockey), Dharmendra Tiwary (Archery), Om Parkash Dahiya (Wrestling) et al.
Dhyan Chand Award 2020
Presented to Kuldip Singh Bhullar (Athletics), Lakha Singh (Boxing), Trupti Murgunde (Badminton), N Usha(Boxing), Manpreet Singh (Kabaddi), Nandan Bal (Tennis) et al.
Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar
- Identification and Nurturing of Budding & Young Talent category- given to Lakshya Institute & Army Sports Institute.
- Encouragement to sports through Corporate Social Responsibility category- presented to Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Ltd.
- Employment of sportspersons & sports welfare measures category- presented to Air Force Sports Control Board.
National Sports Awards
It is the collective name for ‘six sports awards’ in India. The award is presented by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
Category: Sports Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|