11 Ordinances in queue for Parliament Monsoon Session
Keeping in view the current global pandemic there is no clarity as to when the upcoming monsoon session of Parliament will start. There is a total of 11 ordinances in the centre’s high list of a priority out of which 6 will lapse if not passed in the monsoon session this year.
The Indian Parliament conducts three sessions each year,
- Budget session January/February to May
- Monsoon session: July to August/September
- Winter session: November to December
Ordinances to be passed
With the increasing number of COVID cases and uncertainty over a winter session of the parliament, the ministries are very keen on pushing these ordinances to the house. In case the session gets delayed and the government does not hold the winter session of the parliament the next option left would be the budget session which is in next year January end. Following are the 11 ordinances waiting to be passed in the monsoon session.
- The Epidemic Diseases (Amendment) Ordinance 2020.
- The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020.
- The Indian Medicine Central Council (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020.
- The Salaries and Allowances of Ministers (Amendment) Ordinance 2020.
- The Salaries, Allowances and Pensions of Members of Parliament (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020.
- The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Ordinance, 2020.
- The Homeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Ordinance.
- The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance.
- The Taxation & Other Laws (Relaxation of Certain Provisions) Ordinance, 2020.
- The Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Ordinance, 2020.
TATA group to construct New Parliament Building
The TATA Group of Companies have won the bid to construct a new Parliament building. Total cost for ...
Category: Legal & Constitution Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|